Sunday, December 7, 2014

Where the Stars Still Shine by Trish Doller

*The following text is an honest, spoiler free review. Please enjoy*

Okay, I’ll be the first to admit that, when reading the beginning half of this book, I thought what in the world am I getting myself into. While the beginning of this book is uber awkward at stages, it gave you a sense that you were living in the books world. I was enthralled at the world and characters Trish Doller painted inside the readers head.

Callie has never had what we would call a normal life. At the age of 5 she was kidnapped by her mother and always on the run avoiding what new danger that shows up next. When what she has been running from all her life finally catches up to her she is thrown in the arms of the man she barely knows, her dad. In order to live a life with her father, she will have to find out what it truly means to be a normal girl.

This book should be the poster child of why you should read a book further than the first 50 pages. There is no denying that. If you get past it’s rocky beginning, you will discover this wonderful, beautiful world. I can’t stop reiterating how wonderful this book ended up being and even the ending… *le sigh* I don’t think I’ll find a book this good for a few months.

Final rating? 4.5 out of 5 stars only not getting perfection due to the rocky beginning. Nonetheless READ THE BOOK.

Books, books, and more books, follow me on twitter @SweetEndReviews

For the story behind the reviews check out my facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/SweetEndReviews

No comments:

Post a Comment