Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Remake by Ilima Todd

*The following text is an honest review. Please enjoy. Thanks to Netgalley for the copy of this book.*


My first reaction boiled down to ‘WTF did I get myself into?’ and for a bit you will agree and probably react with a ‘what is this world that I’ve been thrown in.’ It gets so much better. Trust me, but to understand some of the basis thats going on:  


The dystopian civilization you are thrown is by the name of Freedom which we assume is in control of most of the world (Australia and mainland United States confirmed while Hawaii remains free.) For population control they have a once a month batch of 10 girls and 10 boys born. Before the “remake” on their 17th birthday, everyone looks exactly the same except Nine. This leads Nine to feel out of place while trying to figure out why she is so different.


That’s the backstory you need to know to understand this story.


I fully believe this book should beat Hunger Games in every shape and form; no obvious plot holes, better heroine and love story then any dystopian book on the market, and overall a universe that keeps you wanting more. Me personally? I loved it. Once you read this book you can join me in the obsessive waiting for the second book, it was that good. It’s based off a such beautifully crafted idea that just turned into a masterpiece. Well done Ilima Todd, I’m hooked.


Rating: 5 out of 5 stars.


For more spoiler free, honest reviews go to my actual blog: http://sweetendbook.blogspot.com/
Books, books, and more books, follow me on twitter @SweetEndReviews

For the story behind the reviews check out my facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/SweetEndReviews

1 comment:

  1. We just finished making the book trailer for Remake and we're trying to get the word out! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9loevy-pQI

    ReplyDelete