Sunday, June 14, 2015

Backlash by Sarah Darer Littman

Was I expecting a happy ending? Because if I was then I screwed up, majorly… And there goes my happiness for the rest of the week.

Synopsis: Watch what you say because you never know when your offhand comment can ruin someone's life but never ever try to do it on purpose; the consequences would not be fun at all. The last thing Lara needed in her life was Christian, a pretty boy with seemingly nice words until he shows his true colors… all on her Facebook wall for the world to see. When she decides the do the worst thing imaginable and try to take her life the world around her, and the people in it, start to take a nosedive straight into the pavement.

Opinion:
I found exactly TWO people in the book that I actually liked. TWO! And it wasn’t the main character. To add to that the 8th grader was smarter than every. Single. Adult. In. This. Book. The book basically summed up to this: girl gets jealous of other girl, other girl is just minding her own business, original girl is going to get revenge and cyberbully her with the help of her mom, other girl almosts commits suicide. That is the ENTIRE plot of the book and that’s all you need to know.

Please, PLEASE, let me make a suggestion. If you want to read a good book go elsewhere there are millions of other you can get emotionally invested in and not want to burn by the end of it just not this one.

Wait what!? Yeah, I said that and I meant it.

I disliked this book so much I decided to make a list of books you can check out instead of this book:

Paper Towns by John Green (DFTBA for the win!)
Words in the Dust by Trent Reedy (Wonderful book about an Afghan girl and learning)
Wondrous Strange by Lesley Livingston
Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake

Rating: 1 out of 5 stars… it was terrible....

Finally back after a 20 day break due to the most chaotic end of year stuff! Cait out!

No comments:

Post a Comment