Friday, September 4, 2015

Attachments by: Rainbow Rowell

Title:  Attachments
Author:  Rainbow Rowell
Genre:  Romance, Adult, Contemporary, Humor
Age:  16+
Rating:  5 out of 5 stars

Summary: 

"Hi, I'm the guy who reads your e-mail, and also, I love you . . . "

Beth Fremont and Jennifer Scribner-Snyder know that somebody is monitoring their work e-mail. (Everybody in the newsroom knows. It's company policy.) But they can't quite bring themselves to take it seriously. They go on sending each other endless and endlessly hilarious e-mails, discussing every aspect of their personal lives.

Meanwhile, Lincoln O'Neill can't believe this is his job now- reading other people's e-mail. When he applied to be "internet security officer," he pictured himself building firewalls and crushing hackers- not writing up a report every time a sports reporter forwards a dirty joke.

When Lincoln comes across Beth's and Jennifer's messages, he knows he should turn them in. But he can't help being entertained-and captivated-by their stories.

By the time Lincoln realizes he's falling for Beth, it's way too late to introduce himself.

What would he say . . . ?


Reaction:

Wow, I heard that this book is only liked by some people, but I don't understand why everyone doesn't love this book.  This book is over-the-top fantastic!   It has the perfect mix of romance and humor...I love it so much.  I have read another one of Rainbow Rowell's books and she has yet to disappoint me with her writing!

Characters:

Beth Fremont:
So, so, so relatable.  I love Beth and I aspire to be her someday.  She is funny and knows what she wants in life.  She is cool and outgoing in an un-overbearing way.  I like how she confides in her problems and doesn't keep them in.

Lincoln O'Neill:
Basically the perfect man.  He is funny, caring, and understanding.  Plus, he plays D&D which is just a bonus on his part.  He crushes on Beth for the longest time and he doesn't actually meet her until the end of the book, so it's kind-of like a slow burn romance, and I love it!

Overall:

Please, please go read this book.  It is pretty much good book for anyone.  It does have a couple of adult themes and a little bit of angst, so that is why I raised the rating a bit.  But, I promise this book is not too inappropriate.  If you are iffy about reading this book, please go and give it a try.  I promise you won't be disappointed!

 See yah, Home Dogs -Terantum   

No comments:

Post a Comment