Friday, April 17, 2015

A Thousand Pieces of You by: Claudia Gray

Title:  A Thousand Pieces of You
Author:  Claudia Gray
Genre:  Romance, Science Fiction, Fantasy
Age:  14+
Rating:  4.5 out of 5 stars

Summary:

Marguerite Caine’s physicist parents are known for their radical scientific achievements. Their most astonishing invention: the Firebird, which allows users to jump into parallel universes, some vastly altered from our own. But when Marguerite’s father is murdered, the killer—her parent’s handsome and enigmatic assistant Paul—escapes into another dimension before the law can touch him.

Marguerite can’t let the man who destroyed her family go free, and she races after Paul through different universes, where their lives entangle in increasingly familiar ways. With each encounter she begins to question Paul’s guilt—and her own heart. Soon she discovers the truth behind her father’s death is more sinister than she ever could have imagined.

A Thousand Pieces of You explores a reality where we witness the countless other lives we might lead in an amazingly intricate multiverse, and ask whether, amid infinite possibilities, one love can endure.  (Taken from the Goodreads website)

Reaction:

First of all:  LOOK AT THAT GORGEOUS COVER!  Ohmigosh, dying right now.  No words can explain how attractive that cover is to my eyes.  Okay, moving on.  This book started out slow, but then it got better and better and better and better.  This book was a fast read.  You just got sucked into it.  The romance and the dimension hopping aspect was just amazing.  And that kiss scene was pretty fantastic too ;)

Characters:

Marguerite Caine:
I really liked Marguerite.  I didn't connect to her like I did with some characters in other books, but I could understanding her and where she was coming from.  She acted just like anything other teenage girl would including hormones, art/creativity, and loss.  I can't wait to hear what happens in the next books to come.

Paul Markov:
I'm very sorry if I spelled that last name wrong, but I'm not Russian so...anyways.  Paul is handsome, Russian, and mysterious.  I liked him, because duh, but he was a cookie-cutter mold of a boy from young adult literature.  I'm pretty sure I've read his likeness in about ninety different books.  I did like the Paul from Russia though, he was pretty cool.

Theo:
Aka Marguerite's lapdog and the one nobody really cares about.  Theo wasn't really a part of the book.  He was sort of portrayed as a potential love interest, but that went out the door as soon as Paul same along.  Theo was nice, I guess.  Another cookie-cutter boy though.

Overall:

This was a pretty solid read and very enjoyable.  Just because I didn't like the characters doesn't mean that I didn't enjoy the science fiction/fantasy aspect of the book.  I totally recommend this to Cait because she loves scientific theories and the theory of a multiverse, so here you go Cait.

Terantum, out

Next in the italics I'm going to explain what has been going on for anyone who wants to read it.

Cait and I have been very busy lately, and I have been especially lazy.  We have homework, golf, studying, driver's ed., and more, but we are trying our best to post anything and everything when we can.  I am especially going to try to post as often as I possibly can, because the blame is on me for not trying to post more often.  I take full blame for this.  I hope you all understand and you guys won't stop looking at this blog because of it.  Sorry of any inconvenience or anger on your guys' part.

Now seriously, Terantum out.  

No comments:

Post a Comment