Saturday, April 25, 2015

Unwind by: Neal Shusterman

Title:  Unwind
Author:  Neal Shusterman
Genre:  Dystopia, Science Fiction, Horror/Thriller, YA/Teen
Age: 13+
Rating: 5 out of 5

Summary:

Connor, Risa, and Lev are running for their lives.

The Second Civil War was fought over reproductive rights. The chilling resolution: Life is inviolable from the moment of conception until age thirteen. Between the ages of thirteen and eighteen, however, parents can have their child "unwound," whereby all of the child's organs are transplanted into different donors, so life doesn't technically end. Connor is too difficult for his parents to control. Risa, a ward of the state, is not enough to be kept alive. And Lev is a tithe, a child conceived and raised to be unwound. Together, they may have a chance to escape and to survive.
   (Taken from the Goodreads Website)

Reaction:

If that summary didn't just catch your attention, are you blind?  I really am behind on reading this series.  I actually heard about this series when it first came out when I was just a wee lass.  Now, I finally got around to reading it and man did it blow my mind on ten different levels of awesomesause!  Basically the whole book centers around three kids who are going to get "unwound" (their body parts removed so others can use them).  This book has action, adventure, suspense, and horror!  I love, love, love it!!!!

Characters:

Connor Lassiter:
Ahhh, Connor how do I start with you?  Your snarky, serious and all the while holding this façade of being a immature bad boy.  I wish you were real Connor.  Connor understands the world and accepts things as the way they are.  Connor doesn't try to change what has already happened, he just tries to change what will happen to his fate in the future.

Lev:
I didn't really like you Lev, but I feel sorry for you and understand why you did everything you did.  I don't hate Lev, he's just naturally an unlikeable person.  So I don't spoil the story I'll just say this, Lev has had a hard life and is trying to redeem himself.  Poor Levvy baby :(

Risa Ward:
Kick butt, smart, and awesome.  Risa definitely had one of the hardest lives out of all of the characters.  She had no family, no friends, and no one to love and understand her.  I think Risa is so cool because she tries to help everyone.  She is just so darned cool.  Can I meet you too Risa?

Overall:

Mhhmm, this book was mind crack and I loved every minute of it.  Once I started this baby I just couldn't put it down.  I will admit I did have more than one late nighter staying up reading this book.  Oh, and by the way there is major shippage in this book.  I have included pictures to illustrate why.

Peace out -Terantum

No comments:

Post a Comment