Wednesday, May 27, 2015

A Cold Legacy by: Megan Shepherd

Title:  A Cold Legacy
Author:  Megan Shepherd
Genre:  Horror, Thriller, Retellings, Romance, YA/Teen
Age:  13+
Rating:  4.5 out of 5 stars

Summary:

(no summary due to spoilers)

Reaction:

I've waited so, so long for this book that I nearly popped a vein when my brother picked it up for me at his school library.  Thanks baby bro for that, by the way!  Anyways...I thought this was a really good end to the series.  There were no cliffhangers and I was satisfied about what happened to Juliet and her "band of misfits" (because, let's be honest, that's pretty much what they are)  There was a lot of death, but this book didn't have as much gore as the other books in this series.  I really liked the retelling of Frankenstein and thought Megan Shepherd really stayed true to the original tale, but while making it her own story at the same time.  Seriously, please pick up this series if you haven't already (I've reviewed the other books in the series as well, if you want to go check them out).

Characters:

(I'm not going to talk about individual characters due to spoilers, read the series if you want to find out more)

All these characters went through some serious character growth!  Especially Juliet and Lucy. 

Overall:

This book was fantastic!  Pick it up, read it, cry over it, repeat.  If you are still alive and breathing, I don't know why you haven't read this series yet!

And that's the end -Terantum

No comments:

Post a Comment