Monday, January 19, 2015

Circle of Stones by Catherine Fishe


*The following text is an honest, spoiler free review. Please enjoy.*

I first stumbled across this book at my local bookstore while having a conversation, about the book cover industry, with some friends and was entranced by it’s blueprint inspired cover. Unlike most books these days it is so much deeper than the cover it upholds. To understand the gist of the book here’s what you need to know:
  1. There is three different timelines going on: present, 300 years ago, and ancient times.
  2. These characters are far from Mary Sue complex.
  3. It’s by far the best book by Catherine Fisher at the moment.

I feel in love with the how the story holds a deeper meaning or rather the character’s aren’t what they seem. Now this would be something I would elaborate on but for fear of spoilers I won’t. That means you will have to read to find out. I feel that any way of me to explain this book or any other explanation just doesn't do this masterpiece any justice.

Rating: 4.9 out of 5. Probably one of the best books I’ve read so far. It is everything a young-adult book should be, character’s that drag you into their problems and make you fill with empathy, no good side or bad side (no, this book is something of the gray side), and an ending that leaves you wanting more yet you’re satisfied.

Books, books, and more books, follow me on twitter @SweetEndReviews
For the story behind the reviews check out my facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/SweetEndReviews

No comments:

Post a Comment