Saturday, January 24, 2015

The Shadow Society by Marie Rutkoski

*The following text is an honest, spoiler free review. Please enjoy*

At first I wasn’t interested in reading this book because first off the description doesn’t do it any good and secondly the prologue is blah. It took me a few times of me picking it up and starting it and restarting it to actually read it. On another note: all around there were spoilers, description, prologue, and those pages GoFish pages near the back. The formatting fault was generally what kept me cringing away from what actually turned out to be a good book that I almost freezed my fingers off while trying to read. Here’s what the book is really about:

Darcy never had many friends, as she was tossed around from foster home to foster home for any reason to being ‘suicidal’ at age five or being ‘danger to others’, so when she finally gets to spend two years in a place it matters. But she was never like other foster children since she never remembered what happened before she was five years of age… at least not until Conn McCrea. Only then does she get to find out about who really is and the world she really comes from.

Marie Rutkoski I have so much respect for you. You turn scientific theories into really good young adult novels and this book happens to be based off of my favorite theory: the Many-world Interpretation. Whether you do this intentionally or not I love it.

The Shadow Society kept me captivated and wondering who I should trust and making me hate the ones I should. At times this book is a big game of Clue that dares you to read more and the other half giving you a rush of mystery and longing.

Rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars. Don’t just consider reading the book actually pick it up and read it you won’t be disappointed you did.


Books, books, and more books, follow me on twitter @SweetEndReviews
For the story behind the reviews check out my facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/SweetEndReviews

No comments:

Post a Comment