Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Some Boys by Patty Blount



I feel like I just got off of a really good emotional roller coaster. This is coming from the girl who strongly dislikes school drama. My excuse? This was a wonderfully crafted book.

This whole book occurs after “That Night” where Grace’s life is turned upside down and shaken senseless. I’m going to say it. She got raped. Not by any person but by the guy she broke up with two days prior and when she reveals that he raped her she gets shunned by the whole school. That is what happens when you accuse the hometowns golden child that he may not be as perfect as he seems. She will need the help from his best friend, Ian, to prove the entire school wrong and finally get justice. Expect major romantic vibes between the two of them.
The entire event that led me to read this book was simple; I wanted to take a break from fantasy and get faced with reality. Honestly I expected to take a few days dragging myself through this book not what actually happened with me reading for 3 hours nonstop to finish this book. We don’t particularly get a happy ending but you fall in love with a strong headed and determined girl has she makes peace with what happens and finally gets the justice she deserves. That is odd for books you get either a happy ending or non happy ending never a shade of gray like this book is. It wasn’t a fake reality it was like you were living through the eyes of the characters and sometimes it sucked. You cried when they cried. You laughed when they made a joke. You burned with fury at how they treated others.
Get the memo I really liked this book and I’m saying you should read it because you really should. IT WAS AMAZING. 5 out of 5 stars for a contemporary book that blew me out of the water.



If you want to talk about books or check out what I’m up to follow me on twitter @SweetEndReviews
You could also follow me on facebook at  https://www.facebook.com/SweetEndReviews

No comments:

Post a Comment