Saturday, October 4, 2014

The Legend of the Blue Eyes by B. Kristin McMichael

Considering this is a genre I usually dislike *cough* vampires *cough* or more appropriately in this book *cough* blood sucking people *cough*. Yeah… let’s just say the Vampire Academy books ruined that sub-genre for me. But it was a nice twist to the whole Vampire thing having a battle between what I would call Demon vampires (Baku) and the human looking vamps (dearg-dul) and our heroine is stuck in the middle of it but at least she has cute boys to keep her entertained. (Yes if you like the Ouran HIgh School host club or the Selection you might as well pick this up for the romance.)

All things considered this gave me a little hope for the vamp genre which says a lot on its own. The only problem was with it was a little too focused on the boys which I understand why being the first part of the legend I just wanted more actual action and not romantic action. Hey, that is just me.

Will I pick up the next book; Yes without a doubt I’m too emotionally invested in this book and I have to see her end up with Devin. I WILL GO DOWN WITH MY SHIP!

4 out of 5 stars
(Thanks to NetGalley for the copy of the book)

No comments:

Post a Comment