Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Paper Magician by Charlie N. Holmberg

Paper magic may not be a powerful magic but who wouldn’t want the books they read to come alive. I don’t know about you but that sounds really cool and wished it existed. Also I have a feelings if this was real movies would become overrated.
The Paper Magician by Charlie N. Holmberg features a 19 year-old girl by the name of Ceony Twill who wants nothing more than to be a Smelter when she graduates from magic school. When the time comes she is not given a choice like all the others to become whatever magician they want; no, she is forced to become a Folder the thing she least wants to do. She is placed under the apprenticeship of a Magician Thane, a young man who is considered a master of his trade. Fangirls commence the shipping. As the past finally catches up to Thane, Ceony will have to try her hardest using her little skills to save him from those who want to harm him.
It is cute I’ll give it that and possibly even fangirl worthy but a little cheesy and rushed at times. To me it is simply best explained as what would happen after Harry Potter meets the forbidden romance between teacher and student of Vampire Academy and Divergent. I feel the right to say the entire teacher/student romance things weird me out, a lot. Besides those points I enjoyed the book, a girl who will willing put herself in danger to save someone and who isn’t afraid to go into a fight where she most likely will loose.
4 out of 5 stars for the reasons in the paragraph above. I didn’t dislike it but I didn’t love it either but am going to read the second book. Yeah this book is just a filler book for me.

Want to hear about the next great read before everyone else? Check out my blog at http://sweetendbook.blogspot.com/
Want to find out what a blogger does in real life? Follow me on Twitter: @SweetEndReviews
While you at it why don’t you like me on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/SweetEndReviews

No comments:

Post a Comment