Sunday, March 15, 2015

Hexed by: Michelle Krys

Title:  Hexed
Author:  Michelle Krys
Genre:  Romance, Magic, YA/Teen
Age:  13+
Rating:  3 out of 5 stars

Summary:

If high school is all about social status, Indigo Blackwood has it made. Sure, her quirky mom owns an occult shop, and a nerd just won’t stop trying to be her friend, but Indie is a popular cheerleader with a football-star boyfriend and a social circle powerful enough to ruin everyone at school. Who wouldn’t want to be her?

Then a guy dies right before her eyes. And the dusty old family Bible her mom is freakishly possessive of is stolen. But it’s when a frustratingly sexy stranger named Bishop enters Indie’s world that she learns her destiny involves a lot more than pom-poms and parties. If she doesn’t get the Bible back, every witch on the planet will die. And that’s seriously bad news for Indie, because according to Bishop, she’s a witch too.

Suddenly forced into a centuries-old war between witches and sorcerers, Indie’s about to uncover the many dark truths about her life—and a future unlike any she ever imagined on top of the cheer pyramid.
  

Reaction:

I was so excited when I picked this up, so excited.  So, naturally I had to start reading it straight away, which I did.  And when I finished I had no feelings about this book, none at all.  This book was mediocre in every way and shape possible.  The beginning was a little boring and only got slightly more interesting at the end of the novel.

The Characters:

Indigo (Aka: Indie):  The popular girl who has the perfect life...except she's a witch.  Indigo was okay in my mind but there were a couple major things that bothered me about her.  First of all, she slut shames a lot of girls (mostly her best friend), yet Indigo also dresses in a revealing way (to put it in nicer terms).  Second of all, Indigo mentions several times how she has the third highest GPA in her school, yet she doesn't know what I recessive gene is!  For goodness gracious what has this world come to!!!  Indigo did have a couple funny one-liners though.

Bishop (Aka: Bish):  The dark horse, the mysterious guy, the bad boy.  Yes, Bishop has tattoos and wears leather jackets.  I did not like Bishop one bit.  He was deliberately mean to Indie on several occasions and their relationship was not healthy in my mind.  Bishop was constantly making sexist and pervy comments towards Indie that made me pretty unhappy. 

Overall:

This picture basically sums up the book for me.  Hexed did have a few good moments and there were a couple of times that I got excited (mostly when there were fighting or magic practicing scenes, but hey!  Aren't those everyone's favorite scenes?)  The reason that this book got three stars is because I didn't hate it and I didn't like it.  This felt very much like a filler book to me.  As in, a book to read while I am in-between books.  I suppose I would recommend this book to anyone who enjoys a romance with a mysterious/slightly rude love interest or one that enjoys a book that is easy to read with witches in it!

Wondering what to read  -Terantum

No comments:

Post a Comment