Monday, March 30, 2015

The Vampire Stalker by: Allison Van Diepen

Title:  The Vampire Stalker
Author:  Allison Van Diepen
Genre:  Romance, Paranormal, YA/Teen
Age:  11+
Rating:  4 out of 5 stars

Summary:

What if the characters in a vampire novel left their world--and came into yours?

Amy is in love with someone who doesn't exist: Alexander Banks, the dashing hero in a popular series of vampire novels. Then one night, Amy meets a boy who bears an eerie resemblance to Alexander. In fact, he IS Alexander, who has escaped from the pages of the book and is in hot pursuit of a wicked vampire named Vigo. Together, Amy and Alexander set out to track Vigo and learn how and why Alexander crossed over. But when she and Alexander begin to fall for each other, Amy wonders if she even wants him to ever return to the realm of fiction.


Reaction:

I read this is one sitting.  Now, I know what you are thinking, "Seriously, look at that cover!  That pretty much looks like the lamest book ever!"  But, as the old saying goes, "don't judge a book by it's cover!"  This book was fun, light, and everything I like in an "in-between book".  In-between as in a book that I read between reading more intense books.

Amy (aka Ames):

I loved Amy!  She was funny and felt very real!  But there was two more important things that I loved about her.  First off, she is a fangirl and frequently has fangirl moments by herself and with her friends.  And Secondly, she writes fanfiction!  Holy Cannoli!  I haven't encountered a book character that writes fanfiction since "Fangirl" by Rainbow Rowell.

Alexander Banks (aka Alex)

Ahhh, Alexander how you make me laugh.  Seriously, on more than one occasion he made me laugh until my brother asked me if I was choking.  Also, Alexander is a great guy.  He treats Amy with the utmost respect and is very hardworking and kind.

Overall:

This book was great.  Please everyone don't judge it by it's hideous cover.  I will defiantly be watching out for this author in the future!

Swiggidy Swooty -Terantum    

No comments:

Post a Comment