Tuesday, March 10, 2015

The Scar Boys by Len Vlahos

*The following text is an honest review. Thank you and please enjoy.*

Fun fact: My old English teacher used to have the author, Len Vlahos, as a boss so our classroom has a signed copy!

My mind has a hard time wrapping around this book, because I know it was way too good. The Scar Boys is one of those books I believe has the qualities to become a classic the way The Outsiders are today; it catches the human experience in a way most authors can’t manage to catch with words alone. It truly is mind blowing how Len Vlahos wove the words into a very enchanting story, that even I thought that I wouldn’t like at first.

Harbinger “Harry” Roiber Francis Jones is not your typical “hero”, because in fact he isn’t. No, he’s like you and me except he got almost got struck by lightning, almost. Now his face is scarred and he’s a misfit, that is until he meets Johnny, or rather Johnny meets him. The two become quick friends and Johnny decides to start a band. This is the tale, or rather journey that lead Harry to become the person he calls himself: music, guitar, and everything else that he becomes.

After reading this book I now understand why my friend nicknamed this book the guide of her life. It is so much more than it appears on the surface. In some way by reading this it helps you discover something about yourself.

But there is a reference in the book I must understand. In back flap of the book it says Len Vlahos was part of the Woofing Cookies, and then in the book it says a member (drummer) of the Woofing Cookies talked to Harry. Was that Len Vlahos himself?

Rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars. And luckily I have the advance readers copy of the next book. TIME TO READ SCAR GIRL.


For some hilarious book reviews you should check out http://sweetendbook.blogspot.com/
If you want to chat with us tweet us at @SweetEndReviews
Those of you who want an alternative follow us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/SweetEndReviews

No comments:

Post a Comment