Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Jessica’s Guide to Dating on the Dark Side by Beth Fantaskey

*The following text is an honest review. Thank you and please enjoy the review.*

What in the world did I just read? Okay if I am going to be completely honest I started reading this book as a joke to make fun of it. I mean seriously, it’s a vampire book and one of the most iconic Young-Adult Romance books out there, but then I read the synopsis and was thinking this had to be a joke. And a joke it was… at least until I fell in love with it and then out of love just as fast.

Here’s how this Twilight-esque book plays out:

Jessica has lived in a small town in America all her life as a girl trying escape her cult-like family, or at least that’s what she’s told, all her life. When new, goth, hot, rich, stereotypically arrogant guy shows up, her life is put in a blender with hopes of becoming a delicious smoothie. Shocker is he claims to be a vampire prince and that he’s her betrothed. Awkward moment here, awkward moment there, the guy becomes emo and tries to kill everyone.

*Breathes in, breathes out* I mean seriously in some ways I think this book is genius and some ways I think this series is just making fun of the vampire genre as a whole. You got the worlds most realistic representation on teenage romance and all it’s awkwardness, then you got her still being in love with the guy after him cheating and trying to kill her I mean seriously, what in the world.

General Consensus: First half=Amazing… Second half= Less than be desired for.

Rating: 3 out of 5 stars. Cait out.

For some hilarious book reviews you should check out http://sweetendbook.blogspot.com/
If you want to chat with us tweet us at @SweetEndReviews

Those of you who want an alternative follow us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/SweetEndReviews

No comments:

Post a Comment