Sunday, February 15, 2015

Looking For Alaska by: John Green

Title:  Looking For Alaska
Author: John Green
Genre:  Contemporary, YA/Teen, Romance, Angst
Age Group:  15+
Rating: 5 out of 5 stars

Summary:

Before. Miles "Pudge" Halter's whole existence has been one big nonevent, and his obsession with famous last words has only made him crave the "Great Perhaps" (François Rabelais, poet) even more. He heads off to the sometimes crazy, possibly unstable, and anything-but-boring world of Culver Creek Boarding School, and his life becomes the opposite of safe. Because down the hall is Alaska Young. The gorgeous, clever, funny, sexy, self-destructive, screwed-up, and utterly fascinating Alaska Young, who is an event unto herself. She pulls Pudge into her world, launches him into the Great Perhaps, and steals his heart.

After. Nothing is ever the same. (Taken from the Goodreads website)


Reaction:

Holy ****!!!!!!  What did I just read?!  This book was amazing!!!!  SO INCREDIBLY AMAZING!!!  I seriously have little words for this book.  This book made me laugh, cry, scream, and question everything I thought I knew about loss and life.

The Characters:

Here is a picture if you want a reference.  First off all I loved all the characters...all of them, and that rarely happens.  Pudge was so believable, awkward, and cute that sometimes I didn't know whether I wanted to slap him or give him a hug...I loved Pudge.  The Colonel and Alaska were the same way...sure they had their issues but that is understandable, life's not perfect so they aren't going to be perfect either.  All the characters just felt so real.  Half the time I felt like I was in the book and going through the same pains that they were.  This is the mark of a truly brilliant book. 


Final Thoughts:

This book was amazing, fantastic, and ugh!  I just can't put it into words about how I feel about this book right now.  Please just save yourself the trouble and just go out and buy it, like, right now!  Seriously guys, it was just that good.  When I finished it I just sat there for a couple of minutes contemplating what I just read.  If you want a fantastic book that really makes you think, this is the one for you.

Review by: Terantum

 

No comments:

Post a Comment