Friday, February 27, 2015

The Madman's Daughter Terantum's Thoughts

So, as Cait previously mentioned (as in the last post) I have already read this book...twice I might add (and yes, it is that good).  Since Cait just read this book and gave her thoughts and opinions on it, I decided that I would add my own thoughts on this beautiful (yet extremely gory) book.  So...here we go.

Reaction:

I LOVE THIS BOOK!  It has a love triangle, but it is perfect.  It has a messed up protagonist, but she's perfect.  There are two very hot men, but they're perfect.  There is gore, and lots of it, but it's perfect.  Needless to say, pretty much everything about this book is just about perfect.  Oh, and by the way, this book is even more amazing the second time reading it than the first time.  Why?  I think it's because you notice more clues and points in the book that you don't really notice the first time around.

The Cover:

That is a really nice cover...really nice.  *insert slight spoiler section* I think the white dress is supposed to represent Juliet's innocence, but in later books her dress turns into a darker black, which I think is supposed to represent her growing closer to insanity.  If this is what the author had planned, I want to give her a high five.  *End spoiler section*  For some reason this cover also really creeps me out.  I don't know if it's because of the color scheme or the fact that I know what the book is about, but for some reason this cover freaks the crap out of me.

The Characters: 

Juliet:  A strong, beautiful, insane, genius woman.  After reading about Juliet I don't want any other YA fictions female protagonists.  She feels so real!  Yes, she does have two love interests but I think that's okay because she has honest complications and feelings about each of them.  Needless to say, can I get more of Juliet in my reading?

Montgomery/Edward:  I loved both of them until... (notice the ellipses)  OMG that ending though...That is all I have to say about these two...read the book to find out.

Overall:

Overall, I want, scratch that, NEED the next book, like, now.  For the second time reading this book, it was not a disappointment.  So, please, save yourself the trouble and just read this book.  It will make you have all the feels, and I mean all of them.

Checking out  -Terantum

No comments:

Post a Comment