Thursday, February 12, 2015

Scarlet by A.C. Gaughen

*The following text is an honest, spoiler free review. Please enjoy.*

A book named Scarlet that is based off a fairy tale, I don’t know about but just by seeing the title I assumed it had to do with Little Red Riding Hood. But boy I was wrong. Scarlet is actually is based off of the Robin Hood story which I guess kinda right. Robins can be red right? Or you know Red Robins.... YUM.

Here’s what Scarlet is really about… Scarlet is an 18 year old who was living on her own and posing as a guy until two years ago when Robin Hood found her in London. It was only then did start to form a family again with Robin’s band of misfits: John and Much. In exchange for letting her live with them she taught them how to steal, a skill she acquired when fending for herself in London. Times are a changin’ I do say, Gisbourne, a phantom of Scarlet’s past life returns and her emotions for Rob are beginning to evolve, much to Scar’s dismay.

I love when authors who write fairy tale retakes, take on a story that really isn’t dealt with a lot, in this case Robin Hood, make it their own and decide to opt out on the really overdone stories like Cinderella or Beauty and the Beast. Scarlet was an amazing read but of course I had some issues with it, me being a tad bit picky and all. So many things are implied that we figure out Scarlet’s backstory way before it actually becomes essential to plot where we are suppose to figure out or that Scarlet argues way too much for my liking, I mean how long can you put up with someone who argues your every living breath. Besides that I’m on my way to rereading it.

Rating: 4 out of 5 stars.

If you want to chat with us tweet us at @SweetEndReviews

Those of you who want an alternative follow us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/SweetEndReviews

No comments:

Post a Comment