Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Sunset Rising by S.M. McEachern

*The following text is an honest, spoiler free review. Please enjoy. And a personal thank you to Netgalley and the publisher for allowing me to review this amazing title*

Usually in my posts I try to refrain from using profane language but I apologise ‘cause I’m about to break that rule. Sunset is a badass heroine. I mean legitimately, she’s up there with the Hermione's of the fiction world, or at least she deserves to be. #TeamSunset because when all else fails GIRL POWER.

Sunset “Sunny” O’Donnell lives in a world where 283 years ago war broke out and nuclear weapons were drawn and shot. When nuclear radiation broke out so long ago the U.S government made this dome in order to protect the elite of the elite, not the everyday people like you and I. The government’s dream on this dome was shattered because people did sneak in but they were faced with a choice: live and be slaves or die and be free. The only way this is ever going to change is with Sunny. The only person brave enough to face this injustice head on and fight for what she believes is fair.

So here’s where I really like this book; it teaches girls to be confident even though you may look different, face the injustice and others will follow eventually, and there is always light outside a dome… I mean tunnel. It’s a wonderful message placed inside one of the best underrated dystopian novels ever. One other is it made me question my morals and the morals that caused my favorite characters hell (yes I’m breaking the swearing policy again, but if you have read the book you would agree.)

Rating 5 out of 5 stars.

For more spoiler free, honest reviews go to my actual blog: http://sweetendbook.blogspot.com/
Books, books, and more books, follow me on twitter @SweetEndReviews

For the story behind the reviews check out my facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/SweetEndReviews

No comments:

Post a Comment