Saturday, February 14, 2015

Roses are Red, and Books are Bountiful

Cait: Happy Valentines day people of the interweb, or if your single like us its another to day to celebrate being single with your best friends and favorite romance books! Speaking of romance books we thought we would compile a list of each of our personal top 3 books you should cuddle up to like you would if fictional guys or gals were real. How does that sound Terantum? You up for the challenge of picking your favorite 3 romance books?


I know mine are Fallen in Love by Lauren Kate, Ensnared by A.G. Howard, The Girl with the Wind Up Heart by Kady Cross


Terantum: Mhhmm thanks Cait.  Those are three fantastic selections you have made.  Here are my three:


1) A Little Something Different by Sandy Hall
2) Anna and the French Kiss by Stephenie Perkins
3) Ruby Red by Kerstin Gier


All three of these books are enough to make anyone (even the cold-blooded people *cough,cough*) giggle and swoon, I know I did!  So, grab some chocolate or candy hearts, cuddle up on the couch with your fuzziest blanket, and read one of these fine selections.  What do you think Cait?  Honorable mentions?


My three honorable mentions:

 

1) Zodiac by Romina Russell
2) The Juliet Club by Suzanne Harper
3) Lips Touch: Three Times by Laini Taylor


Cait: I'm surprised you didn't mention The Host by Stephnie Meyer. I thought you were obsessed with that book. You even bought it for my birthday. And when you say cold blooded do you mean Gideon or do we have zombies in those books? Now my top three books are simple but if you don't mind I'm going to ask you to explain your reasoning behind them since I haven't even read them and the possibility is our readers haven’t either.


How 'bout I start.


I'm obsessed with steampunk, even Terantum can account for it, so it should come as no surprise that my first book is The Girl with the Wind Up Heart by Kady Cross. This is the last book in the Steampunk Chronicles and it's finally when all 3 of my shippings come true. The whole time my heart was just overwhelmed by the adorable emotions and sacrifices that were made and on the bright side no one dies. Well one of them wasn't really living in the first place that’s a tad bit awkward but hey, automatons for the win.


Terantum:  Ahh, your reasons aren't very surprising, but considering that I've know you forever that should be a surprise!  Here are my reasons for my books:  I chose "A Little Something Different" because it is a cute 200 page romance story and made my toes curl and cheeks flush.  It was funny and felt utterly real...I loved it!  I chose "Anna and the French Kiss" because I can't resist a good boarding school novel...with romance to boot!  This book was just so perfect and cute, the best book for valentine's day!  And lastly, "Ruby Red" just because of the sheer genius of the novel (and the plus factor that Gideon's in it *squee*). I feel like this book had the best romance of the three, and it has time travel, which I love!  


Cait: My last two on my top three list contain the most controversial book on the list and the least surprising. Let's begin with the non controversial one, Ensnared by A.G. Howard, a love triangle in which she actually ends up with both guys. You know kinda like the Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare which would be one of my honorable mentions.


Now you'll be more disappointed in my second choice. Fallen in Love by Lauren Kate, remember her? She's the author we have pretty much disowned so allow me to defend my case. Fallen in Love came out on Valentine's Day a few years back and I guess the nostalgia that wins this one over. The Fallen series was entire romance series dealing with the case of fallen angels who fell in love causing them to fall. In Fallen in Love is when Luce travels through time to see all the times that she and Daniel fell in love and everytime she spontaneously combusts. Yes she randomly catches fire EVERY time she kisses him. Star crossed loves to the supremacy.


My other two honorable mentions is Scarlet by A.C. Gaughen. Robin Hood and Scarlet to the supreme, Terantum you must read it. Then the other is Clockwork Scarab by Colleen Gleason another steampunk themed book. I would love Mina and the Detective to end up together screw the time traveling dude.


In a response to yours; I TOLD YOU SO. I TOLD YOU, YOU WOULD LOVE RUBY RED YOU READING PROCRASTINATOR. Okay I ranted and if I can choose an honorary book on this list I would choose "The Scientific Probablity of Falling in Love at First Sight". Now how is that for a title?


Terantum:  Hey, hey, hey let's not get angry...I finally did read the book...after, like, a year, but hey!  What's a girl supposed do do when she has an impossible reading list to finish?!   And I'm not actually that disappointed with you choosing "Fallen In Love" becuase I actually did read that book (you let me borrow it, remember?) and I actually found it pretty cutesy and enjoyable!  Now, on the other hand it does remind me of a kind of anti-valentines day line that was the last sentence of "Rapture"..."...And they [Luce and Daniel] fell in love for the first and last time..."  Like, come on Lauren Kate!!  This is not romantic, it's depressing and I don't like it!!! Sue me!!!!  But, what's a girl going to do?  But seriously Lauren Kate if you ever read this, remember what I am about to say:  you cannot throw a random plot twist in a book that doesn't make any sense, because it doesn't work!!!  You've done it with two of your series so far "Teardrop" and "Fallen", just please stop...please.


Now, on to a more happy topic...Mina Holmes!  Seriously, I love her, and I NEED her to get together with Grayling (is that how you spell it, ahh whatev's, that one detective dude) because every who has read that series ships it, let's be honest here, don't you agree Cait?


Cait: Yes I do agree and one more thing about Fallen. Remember how we watched that one interview with Lauren Kate in which she talked about her inspiration influenced the series? I distinctly remember it being about when an ANGEL falls in love with a MORTAL. Not an ANGEL with an ANGEL. I think that's what ticked me off the most with that series. I think that about wraps it up. Anything else you want to add Terantum?


Terantum:  Nope, I think that, that is pretty much it.  I do have to agree with you on that last part though.  Lauren Kate technically lied about her series which is not cool!  But, just to see how bad the movie is you have to promise to see "Fallen" with me when it comes out in theaters so we can have a good laugh together...what do you think?


Cait: Yeah that's a must do.


Terantum: That just leaves the question to you readers. What are your top three valentine's day book picks? Mention them in the comments.

Cait: Feel free to argue for or against a point we made. We would LOVE to talk about books with you guys and gals. And with that, this was Cait and Terantum of SweetEnd Reviews talking about our favorite Romance books. I hope you have a wonderful Valentines Day and we’ll see you tomorrow with another post.

No comments:

Post a Comment