Thursday, February 26, 2015

The Madman’s Daughter by Megan Shepherd

*The following text is an honest review. Thank you and please enjoy*

A young adult book based on a book by my all time favorite science fiction author? YES PLEASE. Who do I need to give all my money too?  

*Reads the book* *Jaw hits the floor* I mean seriously what did I just read. Magic that’s what. Why didn’t I read this earlier? I am now beginning to question my book choices now. I should mention if I am being honest that is gorey but in a good/mad sorta way. Does that make any sense? No? Well let me just say it compliments the books theme very well.

The Madman’s Daughter goes like this: Juliet, an ex gentry, is living on the streets on her own after her father abandoned her after the “scandal”. It isn’t until she stumbles across some boys playing with the dark side of medicine that she hears rumors of him. She manages to track down his supposed location but all she finds is an old childhood friend, Montgomery, who takes her back to where her father and he hid out in the last six years. On the way there they meet the castaway Edward and the three of them discover the dark secrets her father holds dear.

Well dang… I am so messed up after this book. Messed up in a good way, that is. If you’ve read the book you will understand my pain especially after the end of the book. MEGAN SHEPHERD YOU CAN’T DO THAT TO A PERSON, IT’S JUST CRUEL. *breaths in, breaths out* I am so happy there is more books after this one. It leaves you in the most tortured state but I thoroughly enjoyed it and if you like morbid love stories then pick this book up and read it, enjoy it, and leave a comment about your opinions about the book.

Rating: 4 out of 5 stars.

P.S. Cait here, Terantum and I have both read it so we would be happy to nerd out with you about it.

For some hilarious book reviews you should check out http://sweetendbook.blogspot.com/
If you want to chat with us tweet us at @SweetEndReviews

Those of you who want an alternative follow us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/SweetEndReviews

No comments:

Post a Comment